When it comes to the holidays, there isn’t anyone I would trust more than that arbiter of fantastical fashion, that whimsical woman of wow: Martha May Whovier
I mean LOOK at her. She practically oozes Christmas couture. So with my icon in mind, I’ve concocted a list of items needed for the perfect holiday hooplah.
1. Glitzy hair bands: You can never have too much glitter, and a hair band that doubles as a bracelet? Double score!
2. Red lips: Those grinches sure do love a crimson lip. This butter smooth wonder of a lippy will have them puckering up before you can say mistletoe
3. A great pair of falsies: Flirting is the name of the season and false lashes ramp it up a needed notch. Try out these angled lashes to create the perfect cat eye.
4. The right tunes: Sometimes you need a good tune to set the mood. My favorite cd lately is Under the Mistletoe (available at Starbucks). Featuring old classics and new twists, this compilation is perfect for a little welcome background noise.
5. A fire, merry and bright: A happy little chimney is the perfect gathering spot. Don’t have one? Use this adorable DIY to create one!
6. A fur stole: A fantastic fur is pure decadence and this BCBG one is a price any who could afford.
7. Adorable legs: show off those gams with a darling pair of bow tights.
8. Diamonds my dear: I believe Martha would agree with Marilyn on this one: diamonds truly are a girl’s best friend. You can’t ever go wrong with a festive necklace.