Fall is officially upon us and I am ecstatic. Oklahoma tends to have very un-Fallish falls, where we go from oven scale heat to just a morsel of true fall weather, straight into months of depressing cold. So far we’re hovering in between ovens and true fall and I’m crossing my fingers that we’ll get some actual fall days this year, with the leaves changing and that fireplace smell in the air and hello, the clothes, the most important part.
1. oversized coats // I feel very breakfast club-ish in this trend and that is not a bad thing.
2. chunky shoes // i just love a good chunky shoe, they make me taller and immediately add a little pizaaz to an outfit.
3. anything plaid // seriously, give me all the plaid. Jared has started his winter beard which basically makes me feel like i’m married to a bear hunter so i might as well accept it and wear plaid every day of my life. plus it’s a great pattern mixer!
4. oversized knits // fall is characterized by two things: food and wind. big chunky sweaters that let me eat the whole room and also stay cozy warm? count me in
5. highwaist black pants // i mean really, what else do you need? they go with everything. they’re super comfy. they stretch for miles. they never show stains. drops the mic
6. wool hats // i’m such a fan of hats, they hide bad hair days with such flair.
7. cute sweats // picture me at a bonfire, roasting some mellows, maybe going shopping or something, and then I go home and never change clothes… and these are on sale so…
8. hints of leather // i love bringing a little edge to an outfit, like a leather jacket or a leather bag. perfect.